We had a great summer, going swimming at the pool almost everyday. This school year my daughter started Kindergarten and my son is now in 3rd grade. So both of the kids are in school all day. My goal is to get more organized and stay on top of all of the house and school stuff.
I thought I would tell you things I have been doing to be more organized and have a more streamlined home.
1. laundry- I do a load of laundry everyday from start to finish and put all of the clothes away. It takes less than a minute to put a load of laundry in the wash.
2. mail- I recently read an article that says you should only touch paperwork/mail one time. When you get the mail go through it the same day, recycle what can be recycled, trash anything that is trash and can’t be recycled. If it is a bill pay it right away if you can. I pay all of my bills online so if I do get a bill I go online and set up the payment that day.
3. school paperwork-with 2 kids in school they bring home a lot of paperwork, I have them pile all of their paperwork on the counter when I have time that day I look at everything and if anything needs to be signed and returned I make sure I do that before I go to bed and sign it and put it back in their folders.
4. vacuum- I have a dog and a cat so I vacuum every other day. My husband is allergic to pet dander so I have to keep on vacuuming.
5. cleaning bathrooms- this is my absolute least favorite thing to do. We have three full bathrooms and 1 1/2 bath. I have been having my son clean his bathroom because it so disgusting. But I do clean the other bathrooms. I try to clean them once a week to stay on top of cleaning otherwise they get pretty disgusting.
6. dishes-If I am making a big meal I will try to fill up the sink and do dishes as I am cooking. During the week I usually make quick meals and after dinner I load the dishwasher or hand wash the dishes. It is so nice to wake up to a clean kitchen.
I would love to hear ways that you stay on top on household chores?